2010 - The Year of Books
I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions, it's just not my style. But for the new year I decided I wanted to do something fun with tracking the books I read, especially since I've been on a book kick since early December (I think I've blazed through almost a dozen books since then).And so I've added a widget to the right-hand column, under our family pics, that will list all the books Erin and I, respectively, have read (or listened to) during 2010. I'm off to a great start with 4 books complete and 2 in progress since Jan. 1st; there's no way I can keep this pace up though. I've also set up a partial list of books I'd like to read this year, ranging from Arthur C. Clark and Isaac Asimov to Shakespeare and Victor Hugo, just to make sure I get a good variety in throughout the year.
I'm excited to see my list grow, and at the end of the year to look back and see my accomplishments. I'm going to also try to write a brief review of each book after I finish it; I'm not very good at expressing what I like and don't like about books, hopefully this exercise will help.
In the end, these lists are for Erin and me to enjoy, but that doesn't mean you can't take a look every once in a while and see what we've been reading. And, of course, if you've read something we did (or something you think we'd like) we'd love to hear about it.
Happy New Year! And Happy Reading!
Labels: books













Dad (Brett)
Mom (Erin)
Aeriana ('Wacko', 'Princess')
Zoe Jean ('Stinker', 'Cutie')




2 Comments:
Good idea!! I like the widget showing the covers! Keep me updated with any outrageously good books you read. I started a list of books I wanted to read about 3 years ago and it is consistently growing faster than I can read the books on it. I think it is about 3 pages long of single space, 10 point font. Maybe by the time I am 175 years old I can make a partial dent in it.
I am reading a bunch on your list right now...catching fire is my current book. I will have to come back and get some ideas from your page. Are you on goodreads?
Post a Comment
<< Home