Family Fun and Church Trips
Kariana's been spending quite a few weekends with us and we were lucky to have her again this weekend, though this was an especially fun one. Sunday afternoon we all headed over to our Aunt Karlene's to have dinner with Karlene, Nikki, and Nayana. What a blast (and oh my heck the food was good)!!! Unfortunately I had to leave for a couple of hours to go to a fireside, but we all had a great time. It's hard to believe that we have so much fun and that they live only about 20 minutes away, but we never get to see them. Hopefully with Kariana starting to help nanny for them, we'll be over to see them a bit more often.As disappointed as I was to have to go to the fireside, it sure was a good one. Our stake has been planning a huge Youth Conference event that's happening in a few weeks and last night was a bit of preparation for that. We'll be heading up on a Thursday morning to Palmyra where we'll spend 3 days visiting church history sites and having activities for the youth. The fireside was mostly centered around a great talk by our regional CES coordinator who told a ton of stories about the area in an effort to get the kids more excited about the amazing history of the area... not sure if it worked for the youth but I certainly got excited. I haven't been up to that area for several years and I'm glad I was able to take a couple of days off of work to be able to act as chaperone.













Dad (Brett)
Mom (Erin)
Aeriana ('Wacko', 'Princess')
Zoe Jean ('Stinker', 'Cutie')




4 Comments:
What did she make? I want new recipes from Karlene!!! We wish we were closer, so fun!
did you find out if there is any chance they need another woman leader? or am i to young?
Nikki made this really good creamy-pasta dish. Almost like a pink vodka sauce, but seemingly with cream instead of vodka. Then we also had a delicious apple crisp for dessert.
Oh yeah! You will love Palymra...I just got back. When do you get to go? The sacred grove in the fall is AMAZING!!
Post a Comment
<< Home